What are eyelash extensions?
Single synthetic eyelashes are applied to your own natural eyelash to achieve a beautiful full luscious and long set of lashes that are natural and you won’t even know they are there. The DLB team are experts in ONE-BY-ONE (eyelash) application. Meaning each lash unit is applied to each of your natural lashes transforming your eyes tremendously after a single session. For a service that is as unique as you are, the lash choices are geared to suit your eyes only. We combine a variety different lash thicknesses, lengths, curl and even color to your eye lashes. Party lash care and application is completely different. Feel free to read the following information In Our Policy Section for more further info regarding our Party Lashes.
Are eyelash extensions permanent?
All eyelash extensions are semi-permanent The only Permanent Solution are eyelash transplants performed under general anesthesia by a doctor and may cost approximatley $5k.
How long does the application take?
We have found that each application time varies per individual. We find that lashes take longer to apply on clients with very thin/fine lashes. OVERALL Approx Time for a Full Set: 45min-2.25hrs.
Do eyelash extensions make my own lashes fall out?
No. as long as the correct lash thickness (lash size) is suitable for your specific type of lashes. Anything too thick may cause lashes to fall out prematurely.
Can I still wear eye makeup?
es. It is crucial for you to use the following Aftercare specifically formulated for Eyelash Extension Wearers: THE GLAM SHOPPEs MakeUp Remover ($9.99 Bottle) Eyelash Extension Rinse ($7.50 Bottle) MakeUp Remover Micro Swabs ($4.50/20pack)
At every appointment you will be asked to sign in so that you are aware of the following:
- Specialist has sanitized hands and implements in my presence
- In understand that to maintain my Diva Lashes, that I must come in every two~three weeks for touch-up, to fill in extensions lost.
- I understand that following each appointment at Diva Lash Boutique, I should avoid any steam or water on or near the lashes for the remainder of the day.
- I understand that to ensure the longest lasting lashes possible, I should avoid rubbing and pulling lashes, regular mascara (non compatible with ELEs), and steam at all times.
- I understand that I may be charged an additional fee if extending the two-three week recommended appointments.
- I will give min of 12 hr. re-schedule or cancellation notice so that another client may be scheduled for the time that was reserved for me.
- I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown even if arising from negligence of specialist at Diva Lash Boutique.
- I assume full responsibility for myself and or minor in my care.
- I hold harmless Diva Lash Boutique and specialist associated with respect to and any injury, loss, or damage to a person or personal property to the fullest extent of the law.
- By signing for myself or minor, I am agreeing to the above conditions.
What to Expect The Day of Your Application
- If you have a tendency to blink very often, it may be difficult to have the eyelashes attached and so we may need to re-consider whether you would be a suitable candidate for lashes if you are unduly nervous.
- Remove all make-up prior to appointment.
- Please do NOT drink coffee at least 4 hours prior to your appointment. Caffeine may cause you to be restless and application time will vary.
- Avoid rubbing the eyes or the lashes may become loosened
- Do not use an oil-based eye make-up remover as it would dissolve the adhesive.
- Use only dry powders or water-based eye make-up
- If the lashes are made of synthetic material, heat will cause them to become frizzy. Avoid extremes of temperature, such as a hot sauna
- Do not touch the eyes for 1.5 hours after application, while the adhesive dries thoroughly
- We recommend you do not wet lashes 8-12 hrs after initial application.
For DLB Party Lashes, the following should also be noted:
- Use a eye make-up remover designed for ELEs daily to gently cleanse the eyelids and eyelashes. Avoid contact with oil based preparations in the eye area such as moisturizers and cleansers – the oil content would dissolve the adhesive and the lashes would become detached
- Do not attempt to remove the lashes – pulling at the artificial lash would pull out the natural lash
- After bathing, very gently pat around the eye area with a clean towel – you must be very gentle with the lashes
- You should have the false lashes maintained regularly. Lost individual lashes can be replaced as necessary using our infill service.
- If you wish to have the individual lashes removed, this should be done professionally.
Who Should NOT Wear Eyelash Extensions
If you wear eyeglasses, the false lashes must not be so long as to touch the lenses. If you have any of the following conditions, unfortunately you would not be able to have an eyelash treatment:
- Skin disease
- Skin disorder in the eye area, such as psoriasis or eczema
- Inflammation or swelling around the eye
- Hypersensitive skin
- An eye disorder for example, hordeola, conjunctivitis, blepharitis, watery eye or cysts
- An allergic reaction to the adhesive
- Contact lenses (unless removed)